How to make healthy and gluten-free Flapjack Granola?
A handmade snack bar that is the perfect balance of delicious and nutritious. This flapjack-style granola bar, which is made with crunchy oats, nutty granola, and honey, is great for a quick breakfast or a nutritious snack. It's the perfect way to receive your recommended daily intake of nutrients while still enjoying in tasty treats thanks to its crunchy topping and oatmeal foundation.
Why not try this recipe for homemade granola, which is often made with whole grains, nuts, and seeds, all of which are nutrient-dense ingredients and allows people to choose the quantity of sweetness used?
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, and shredded coconut.
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey, and coconut oil over medium heat until combined. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, add in the dried fruit if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.